The Little Magic Thermodynamic Box (LMTB) and Big Magic Thermodynamic box (BMTB) are both very simple to install. Connected into the cold feed in and the hot feed out, the cylinder fills with cold water and then a pressure valve closes. The water in the cylinder then circulates through the Solar Assisted Heat Pump (SAHP) until it reaches 55°C. Once this is achieved the systems goes into standby mode. This means that you can install the LMTB to the existing cylinder.
Alternatively the Big Magic Thermodynamic box is a ‘one box’ water heating solution with both the cylinder and Solar Assisted Heat Pump combined, completing our Thermodynamic product family – now offering an option for every installation. Our Thermodynamic range comes with one aluminium collector but a second panel can be ordered to increase the recovery rate by up to 25%
Aluminium Collectors (thermodynamic panels) are a unique renewable energy product that creates hot water by absorbing heat from the surrounding atmosphere. They are currently the most efficient renewable energy source available for your homes water heating needs. Essentially the technology works in reverse to your home refrigerator producing the majority of your hot water.
- LMTB III & IV retro fit to an existing cylinder
- LMTB III & IV compatible with both vented and sealed systems
- Tested proven technology
- Works throughout the year, day and night
- Minimum maintenance required
- Heats water to 55°C
- Thermodynamic panels can be mounted on an external wall or roof
- 5 year manufacturer’s guarantee
The Solar Assisted Heat Pump Process
- The aluminium thermodynamic panel facilitates the evaporation of the refrigerant liquid as energy is absorbed from the surrounding air.
- This process transforms the refrigerant liquid into a gas, which carries the collected energy, in the form of heat, to the Little Magic Thermodynamic Box.
- The Solar Assisted Heat Pump compresses the gas, further increasing the heat of the refrigerant simultaneously, a water pump pulls cold water from the cylinder into the SAHP.
- The heat energy from the refrigerant is transferred to the circulating water via the heat exchanger.
- This process cylces until the water within the cylinder reaches 55°c.
- Once this is achieved the system goes into standby mode.
As a company we strongly believe in research and development and the team keeps the company innovative and dynamic, consistently developing our products:
A compressor chosen for its high efficiency and dependability resulting in an improved co-efficiency of performance.
Latest cutting edge technology, light composite material and low energy consumption. WRAS approved for potable water applications. Made in Europe.
Our heat exchanger has been chosen for its improved heat transfer qualities and works down to pressures of only 0.1 bar. It is ideally matched for vented and sealed systems.
Refrigerant Sight Glass:
No need for gauges to check the refrigerant circuit, just look into the glass. We make it easy to diagnose the system performance.
Our controller has a built in delay function which operates the pump before the compressor starts. This is to enhance the life expectancy of the compressor. Our latest range of SAHPs also includes controllers with smarter heat up and legionella settings
Part of the suggested Globus installation kit for our LMTBs, these have been incorporated at the design stage to reduce possible vibrations, although they are not necessary in all situations.
Stainless steel capped sensor and double insulated cable for higher sensitivity and accuracy to ensure you know the exact water temperature.
As well as individual component development, we have also redesigned the pipe runs across the range to improve access to components and reduce the possibility of trapped air, incorporating an AAV. Improved insulation of the pipework gives better performance and reduces condensation.
We have improved the sound absorbing material which together with other improvements, make these our quietest SAHPs ever.
The Little Magic Thermodynamic Box range has been developed with all hot water cylinders in mind and has been tested to 8 bar pressure. Our Big Magic Thermodynamic Boxes are all ErP A-rated Kiwa approved products, all of our latest Solar assisted Heat pumps are also MCS approved.